Location: Iowa City, IA
Job ID: 42670
Start Date: 2020-05-18
End Date: 2020-08-17
Certified Surgical Tech – Acute Care
Acute Care Facilities in Iowa City, IA are looking for Certified Surgical Techs to join their team for a 91 -day travel assignment with the possibility to extend.
Certified Surgical techs who work for Preferred Healthcare are reliable in ensuring quality patient care. A surgical technologist is present within the operation room and provides help to surgeons, nurses, and anesthesiologists. The technologist will hand necessary instruments to the surgeon, so that the surgery can be more easily be performed.
Preferred Healthcare Staffing is a well-established and highly reputable staffing agency that specializes in placing therapy and allied health professionals in positions carefully aligned with their skills and desires. We pride ourselves on honesty and genuinely taking care of our HCPs. We believe that this ultimately helps achieve our mutual goal: better patient care. Awarded Best of Staffing and Certified by The Joint Commission. For more information call 800-787-6787 or apply online today!
• Certified Surgical Tech
• Strong neuro, ortho, thoracic, ophthalmology, urology, GYN, general, and bariatric experience
• BLS/CPR Certification
• 1 year of previous travel experience
• 2 years of experience within the last 5 years in a Hospital Setting
• Set up and maintain surgical field, collaborating with nurses and doctors and assisting where required
• Assemble, transport, and retrieve surgical equipment, ensuring all pieces leave the room<br/>
• Keep all needed surgical equipment at the ready, including sterile linens, saline, lights, suction machines, etc.
• Inspect, maintain, decontaminate, and repair surgical equipment, keeping inventory records up to date
• Conduct pre- and post-surgery patient care, including shaving, transporting, and applying dressings
What We Offer:
• Competitive pay package
• Comprehensive training
• Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) matching
• Retirement planning and savings options
• Continuing Education reimbursement
Preferred Healthcare Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability.
We are committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law.