Location: Corcoran, CA
Job ID: 28142
Start Date: 2019-07-29
End Date: 2020-06-28
Recreation Therapist – Corrections
A Correctional facility in Corcoran, CA is looking for a Recreation Therapist to join their team for a 336-day travel assignment with the possibility to extend.
Rec therapists who work for Preferred Healthcare are passionate and enthusiastic in helping patients integrate into their surrounding community via group activities and are able to demonstrate proficiency in documenting patient progress throughout these various activities.
Preferred Healthcare Staffing is a well-established and highly reputable staffing agency that specializes in placing therapy and allied health professionals in positions carefully aligned with their skills and desires. We pride ourselves on honesty and genuinely taking care of our HCPs. We believe that this ultimately helps achieve our mutual goal: better patient care. Awarded Best of Staffing and Certified by The Joint Commission. For more information call 800-787-6787 or apply online today!
• National or State Recreation Therapist Certification
• BLS/CPR Certification
• 6 months of experience within the last 5 years
• Leads, instructs, and encourages patients in a program of individual and group activities of a physical, social, and cultural nature such as indoor and outdoor games and sports, dance, parties, dramatics, and special interest clubs
• Collaborates with the therapeutic team to create treatment goals for specific patients
• Observes patients` progress and records clinical notes to be included in medical files and reports
• Maintains order and supervises the conduct of persons committed to the California Department of Corrections
• Prevents escapes and injury of inmates to themselves, others, or to property
• Inspects premises and searches inmates for contraband, such as weapons or illegal drugs.
What We Offer:
• Competitive pay package
• Comprehensive training
• Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) matching
• Retirement planning and savings options
• Continuing Education reimbursement
• Ability to make an impact in the communities we serve
Preferred Healthcare Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability.
We are committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law.